In the realm of home construction, the past half-century has witnessed a gradual evolution characterized by incremental improvements in materials and approaches. While there have been moderate introductions of new technologies, the industry has had to grapple with the pressing climate change issues, necessitating further adjustments in materials and methodologies. Additionally, the rising costs, both latent and patent, associated with wood frame construction have prompted forward-thinking home builders to explore more transformative solutions, with a spotlight on the greater use of steel.
Historically, steel was primarily reserved for high-rise developments in the early 1900s, with concrete becoming the preferred material as time passed. However, concrete remains a costly and less appealing option for ground-oriented housing. In the face of rising costs in wood frame housing, mounting environmental and health concerns, and the advent of progressive and transformative technologies, steel has emerged as a superior choice for constructing premium-quality new homes.
Sustainability & Durability
Mann Group is committed to reducing waste and minimizing the environmental impact of developing Grovemont.
Here’s how Grovemont’s transformative steel technology contributes to sustainability and durability:
- Steel Recycling: Steel is the most recycled building product globally, with a remarkable 66% industry recycling rate and less than 1% material wastage, contributing to a greener environment.
- Reduced Carbon Emissions: Grovemont’s inclusion of steel generates fewer carbon emissions than traditional building products, aligning with our commitment to sustainability.
- Energy Efficiency: Your steel-framed home will be more energy-efficient, reducing your carbon footprint.
- Long-lasting Structural Integrity: With a 3x strength-to-weight ratio compared to wood, steel resists weakening, bending, and corrosion, ensuring the long-lasting structural integrity of your home.
- Zinc Coating for Protection: Zinc coating is used in the steel frame construction of Grovemont homes to promote longevity and provide further protection against the elements.
- Lower Maintenance Costs: This technology not only reduces maintenance costs but also guards against issues like rot, mould, termites, pests, and rodents more effectively.
- Sound Barrier: Thanks to its robust barrier, steel construction provides a more effective sound barrier between walls and floors than traditional wood frame construction.
Grovemont stands as a testament to the transformative power of steel technology in home construction.
With its emphasis on safety, sustainability, and durability, Grovemont represents a new era in housing, where innovative materials and technologies converge to create homes that are safer and more environmentally friendly and built to withstand the test of time. Welcome to the future of home construction—welcome to Grovemont.
Home Buying, Real Estate News, Your Next Home
Guilden: Your Gateway to the Vibrant Life in Surrey’s Guildford NeighborhoodRead more
Market Intelligence, Real Estate News, Your Next Home