Fraser Valley Living, Market Intelligence, Real Estate News
We think Abbotsford is a fantastic place to live, so we wanted to give you a list of the top 10 tips from Abbotsford realtors and professionals about this amazing city!
Abbotsford has become one of the most sought-after places to buy a home. With many people now moving east for more affordable housing and a quieter lifestyle, this has created a buzz around this amazing city. There is something for everyone with so much to see and do and all the amenities you need to cater to your lifestyle… we’re certain that you’ll fall in love with what this city has to offer. Luckily, the future plans of the bustling city of Abbotsford include new developments of condominiums and townhomes for sale to accommodate your family’s needs, you won’t want to miss out on what’s to come! We have compiled a list of some of the most interesting and important tips from our real estate professionals to encourage your move to the ever-growing and popular city of Abbotsford. Take a look at some of our favourite things about the city:
- Abbotsford’s tagline is “city in the country,” because it has a blend of both of these elements… you get city life with plenty of businesses, shopping, restaurants, breweries and wineries. In the countryside, you get exquisite mountain ranges, pristine lakes, lush forests and wildlife. You truly can get the best of both worlds when living here.
- Within this unique city lies Abbotsford International Airport. Allowing you to hop on a plane and travel just moments from your home. No need to drive to Vancouver International Airport in Richmond, this airport allows you the same accessibility. With that being said – there are plans in the works to expand this airport in the future, allowing more flights and passengers in and out on an annual basis!
- The city of Abbotsford has created a plan to grow its population to 200,000 residents, with a current population of 150,000 as of 2017. The plans envision the City Centre to be “the centre of Abbotsford’s public, economic and cultural life.”
- This city is the only one of its kind in the lower mainland to boast a well-known university – the University of the Fraser Valley, an international airport – Abbotsford International Airport and a US border crossing – Sumas Border Crossing.
- Also known as, “The Berry Capital of Canada” … how neat is that. Not only does Abbotsford possess this on its list of notable facts, but Abbotsford is also one of the largest fruit processors in all of North America!
- The Downtown of Abbotsford is a dynamic place to be. With shops, restaurants and services galore, there is fun and food for everyone to enjoy. The options that are offered in the core are unique and locally owned and operated! Check out these amazing restaurants… The Polly Fox, Banter Ice Cream in Jubilee Park, Traceycakes Bakery, Duft & Co., Habit Cold Pressed Juice, Nine Kitchen and Lounge, Bow & Stern, Boardwalk Café
- Highstreet Shopping Centre, a unique place to spend some time and a great amenity during these times of social distancing. Abbotsford offers this outdoor mall to give you the space you need while still doing something you enjoy! Highstreet has high-end restaurants, shops, and a VIP Cinema.
- Abbotsford happens to be the largest municipality by land size, so although they have a population under 200,000 (as of 2017), there is plenty of room for growth, but it doesn’t feel like a busy city because of the landmass. This allows you to live and breathe with the room to grow but the amenities to support a larger population.
- En route to lake country! This city has easy access to HWY-1, only making it a few hours from the amazing getaway of the Okanagan. You can easily take a trip to any of the beautiful Okanagan cities to enjoy a weekend by the water, spend quality time with your loved ones and only be a few hours from home. You feel like you’ve been transported to a whole other time and place when you take a weekend away to visit what British Columbia has to offer.
- With an incredibly wide and diverse range of cultures and religions, Abbotsford is known to local folks as being part of the “Bible Belt,” but is also the site of the first Sikh temple in all of Canada – which is still standing! This gives you the ability to meet, work, and experience people from many different walks of life.
These are some of our favourite tips and facts about Abbotsford that we just had to share from our favourite professionals in this city. It truly has so much to offer you, whether you’re a first-time home buyer, a down-sizer, up-sizer, or anything in between, we are sure that you will be able to find something you are looking for in this lively city!
Market Intelligence, Peerage Partners, Real Estate News
The Fifth Dimension Report – Fall 2023 EditionRead more
Home Buying, Market Intelligence, Real Estate News